As a final year student approaching the end of your course with us, you will have access to exclusive offers and support after you've completed your final exams and assignments.
When you graduate, you will become a part of a global alumni community of more than 180,000 graduates and will be able to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits. Don't forget to register with Westminster Connect to get the most out of these offers.
Find out how to book your place and ceremony dates on our Graduation pages.
Results and award certificates
Find out when you will receive your results, what they mean, and when to expect your award certificate on our Results and awards page.
Accessing services and facilities
In late May/June, you'll be registered as a 'completed' student in My Student Record, after the assessment boards have finished. As a 'completed' student, you'll still be able to access:
University buildings: Until 31 December of the year you complete your studies.
Printers: Until 31 December of the year of completion. You can get a refund of your unused credit by contacting the Service Desk (FixIT), but note that there is a £5 administration fee. Any credit not claimed will be donated to the University Student Hardship Fund. Quota provided by the University is non-refundable.
Blackboard: For up to 2 months from the date that you complete your studies.
My Student Record and Unix: For up to 18 months after you complete your studies.
Gmail: For up to 18 months after you complete your studies. You can export a copy of all your Google data using Google Takeout. This must be done within 18 months after you complete your studies. After the 18 months, your Google Apps account will be deleted.
Refworks: Alumni can continue to use Refworks after they leave. To do so you need to follow these steps while you are still a current student.
1. Register for a RefWorks account using your institutional credentials while you are a current student.
2. When signed in, go to Settings -> Alternate Password (scroll down to the foot of the page to find) and create a new password.
3. Change your email address under settings to your personal email address.
4. Change your status to Alumni under Settings -> Role (at top of page under name).
These changes enable you to have access to RefWorks both through individual log-in and Shibboleth. When you actually become an alumnus/alumna, continue using RefWorks through your individual log-in.
As a completed student, you'll no longer be able to access:
- Library e-resources
- Library loans (make sure you return your library loans as soon as you're finished with them)
- Oracle teaching
Help with your career
Our Careers and Employability Service aims to help you manage your career effectively and achieve your full potential.
The team offers comprehensive careers advice and can help you find work after the end of your course.
The centre's resources are available to you for 3 years after graduating, and the resources include:
- career guidance
- advice on CVs and applications, and interview coaching
- our online job vacancy listing (for 18 months after graduation)
- employer presentations and workshops
- free careers information booklets
For full details, visit our Careers and Employability Service page.
As one of our alumni, you’ll be able to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits:
- Invitations to networking events and lectures
- Annual alumni magazine Network and regular e-newsletters
- Access to Westminster Connect
- Access to alumni library services
- Dedicated careers advice for up to three years after you graduate
- Free alumni card so you can use the library and visit the University after you leave
- 15% discount on post-graduate study and discounts on CPD and short courses
- Discounts on gym and sports centre membership
- Connect with the University and other alumni through Facebook and LinkedIn
For more details on all the benefits and to join, visit our alumni pages.
Volunteer with us
Once you graduate you can develop your professional skills and network by becoming an alumni volunteer. There are many volunteering opportunities to consider, including giving careers talks to current students, helping at a recruitment fair, or providing an alumni profile to inspire future generations of Westminster students.
Become a mentor
Many of our alumni take up the opportunity of becoming a mentor for current students. This is a great way to develop communication and coaching skills as well as giving something back to your university by using your knowledge and experience of the graduate jobs market to help other students to succeed.
For further details on all the ways you can get involved as a member of the alumni please visit our page on getting involved.
Learn more about applying for postgraduate study on our Postgraduate study page.